1. Take a bite out of that juicy porto-burger! First, rinse. Then, marinate for ten minutes in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and black pepper. Cook on the stove top (four minutes each side). Throw it on a bun with all the regular fixings.
2. Greek anyone? I could eat these grilled veggie gyros every week. The blog Oh My Veggies sent a gift to the world when they shared this recipe. I leave the red pepper out when I make them, but do whatever you like!
3. Fake a steak by spreading this avocado chimichurri sauce on top of a portobello mushroom. It's delish and so fresh.
4. Portobello butternut squash tacos!!! I love tacos even more now than before I went plant based. They are a great place to start if you are new to the kitchen. Cook a couple things then throw them on a tortilla. It's easy, I promise.
5. The coolest thing about portobello mushrooms is the umami flavor. It makes them taste like meat. If you're into that kind of thing you may as well push it to the max and make jerky. The reviews on this recipe are great.