Cha-cha-cha-chia! These tiny babies pack a punch. They are a clean protein and have more uses than meet the eye.
1. Sprinkle in a smoothie. I like to use at least one tablespoon.
2. Make chocolate pudding. This one is my fave. You will be full for hours, but not uncomfortably full.
3. Add to your oatmeal. It's my standard go-to breakfast and it takes two minutes to make: gluten-free rolled oats, hot water, frozen raspberries, and at least one tablespoon of chia seeds. Add almond butter or pure maple syrup if you want to round out the flavor.
4. Pretend they're actors playing the role of an egg! You can make almost any baked good recipe and substitute the egg out for 1 tablespoon of chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons of water. Let it sit for a few minutes until the seeds soak in the water. The photo above is a blueberry muffin that has lots of chia seeds in it and zero eggs. The recipe is here.
5. Make a quick spread when you're in a jam! (A fruity chia jam)